English Improvement Class: Advance
The main focus of this course is on fundamental grammar, common vocabulary, introduction to reading skills in English, and conversation practice.
- Grammar structure –Students will be able understand the grammatical structures like the present and past of the verb ‘be’, imperatives, simple present tense with the use of adverbs of frequency, present progressive verbs, adjectives, pronouns and possessives, and modals of ability.
- Writing Practice –Students will improve their use of capital letters, past tense time markers, time word connectors, the connectors ‘and’ and ‘but’, and correct usage of punctuation (commas, periods, and question marks) in simple and compound sentences.
- Conversational Skills –Students can understand and use everyday expressions and very basic phrases aimed at the satisfaction of needs of a daily life. It introduces him/herself the speaking style and answer questions about personal details such as where he/she lives, he/she knows and things he/she has. Can interact in a simple way provided the other person talks slowly and clearly and is prepared to help.
- Vocabulary –Students will develop new strategies to enhance reading comprehension. They locate unfamiliar words in a story and determine their meaning using a variety of strategies (e.g., prior knowledge, context clues, group discussion, media sources). They acquire new vocabulary identified from the assigned text to enhance understanding of new vocabulary by making connections to related ideas and other words. It aims to use new vocabulary in speaking and writing.
- Reading –Students will improve reading fluency skills by identifying the topic and main idea of paragraphs, scanning for specific information, and summarizing authentic reading passages.
- Speaking –Students will engage in discussions pertaining to future career paths, job hunting as well as to enhance their communication skills. Students will participate in real-life communicative activities, discussions, and role-plays which focus on demonstrating the ability to follow oral directions, respond accurately to oral cues and open-ended questions.
That’s what friends are for !
Friends Personalities Ideal people
Hot jobs Possible careers
Could you do me a Favor !
Favor Email requests Borrower and lenders
What a story !
Events Blogging Opinion
Culture Going abroad Different customs
What’s wrong with it !
The world we live in
Problems Solutions Qualities
Business Learning English
Services Different ways Different Places
The past and the Future
Historic Events Biography
Life’s little lessons
The right stuff
Quality for success Catchy slogans
That’s a possibility
Situation Explanation suggestions reactions
Behind the scenes
Describing a process Media
There should be a law !
Law Community Arguments
Challenges and accomplishments
Challenges Rewards Viewpoints
Be the first to add a review.
Please, login to leave a review