English Improvement Class: Beginners
The main focus of this course is on fundamental grammar, common vocabulary, introduction to reading skills in English, and conversation practice.
- Grammar structure –Students will be able understand the grammatical structures like the present and past of the verb ‘be’, imperatives, simple present tense with the use of adverbs of frequency, present progressive verbs, adjectives, pronouns and possessives, and modals of ability.
- Writing Practice –Students will improve their use of capital letters, past tense time markers, time word connectors, the connectors ‘and’ and ‘but’, and correct usage of punctuation (commas, periods, and question marks) in simple and compound sentences.
- Conversational Skills –Students can understand and use everyday expressions and very basic phrases aimed at the satisfaction of needs of a daily life. It introduces him/herself the speaking style and answer questions about personal details such as where he/she lives, he/she knows and things he/she has. Can interact in a simple way provided the other person talks slowly and clearly and is prepared to help.
- Vocabulary –Students will develop new strategies to enhance reading comprehension. They locate unfamiliar words in a story and determine their meaning using a variety of strategies (e.g., prior knowledge, context clues, group discussion, media sources). They acquire new vocabulary identified from the assigned text to enhance understanding of new vocabulary by making connections to related ideas and other words. It aims to use new vocabulary in speaking and writing.
- Reading –Students will improve reading fluency skills by identifying the topic and main idea of paragraphs, scanning for specific information, and summarizing authentic reading passages.
- Speaking –Students will engage in discussions pertaining to future career paths, job hunting as well as to enhance their communication skills. Students will participate in real-life communicative activities, discussions, and role-plays which focus on demonstrating the ability to follow oral directions, respond accurately to oral cues and open-ended questions.
Please Call me Beth
Introductions Greetings Names Nationalities
What do you do?
Jobs workplaces schools Daily schedules clock time
How much is it?
Shopping and prices clothing and personal items colors and materials
I really like hip-hop
Music Movies Films Entertainers
I come from a big family
Families Typical families
How often do you exercise?
Say what’s in a neighborhood with There’s / There are • Describe places • Tell the time and ask questions with What time . . . ? • Make suggestions with Let’s • Say Me too or Me neither to show things in common • Say Right or I know to agree • Read a guide to New York City • Write a city guide using prepositions
We had a great time
free times weekend activities
What’s your neighborhood like?
Stores and places in a city
What does she look like?
Appearance Dress Clothing Style
Have you ever ridden a camel?
It’s a very exciting place!
Cities Hometowns Countries
It’s really works!
Health Problems Medication Remedies
May I take your order?
The biggest and the best !
World Geography Facts Countries
I am going to a soccer match
Invitations Excuses Leisure time Activities
A change for the better !
Life changes Plans Hopes for the future
Be the first to add a review.
Please, login to leave a review